Monday, June 25, 2012


Saturday morning always feels so great. You have the whole weekend ahead of you, Monday seems so far away. But we all know 6pm Sunday afternoon comes REAL fast. But this is why we all must let Saturday morning soak in! This is usually best achieved with liquid, the alcoholic version. And yes I do proudly wear the title of Lush!

Saturday morning the boy and I headed over to a new restaurant that was recommended to us for brunch. Cafe Parco is a lovely Italian inspired cafe. There were only a couple of other people in the restaurant so we were seated next to the open window overlooking the park across the street.




If you are going out to breakfast booze should almost always be involved.

There were many scrambles and frittatas. There was a sweet and savory section which had savory style French toasts. For example this was the dish that was recommended.

Panino Croccanti

Two pieces of French Toast

Layered with rosemary ham and black truffle Sottocenere

and topped with a soft egg.

This sounded great to me, but since it was recommended by my boyfriend’s co-worker, he was planning on ordering it. I pondered over the Pork Belly, but then decided that I would opt for the Sweet shrimp and avocado scramble with potatoes. At the last minute my boyfriend changed his mind and ordered the Banana Bacon Waffles. If he would have ordered the original dish we went there for, I might be more enthusiastic about this restaurant, but since we didn’t I’m not sure this review represents the best dishes this kitchen has to offer.   



The dishes came out very quickly and my dish was exactly how I would have expected it. The shrimp were a little over cooked, but the flavor was good and put avocado on anything and I will eat it.

The Banana Bacon Waffle was really good, sweet and savory with a light and crunchy waffle. Over all, great service, average food, a little pricey, charming atmosphere and hey there’s booze!



I’m sure we will venture back to Café Parco and we will have to try the recommended dish!!
All in all great start to the weekend, but Sunday afternoon came to quickly again!

http://cafeparco.com/main.php

No comments:

Post a Comment