Wednesday, July 11, 2012

YELP

Oh how obsessed I am with this site. I seriously think I have looked up every single restaurant in Seattle on Yelp.
And definitely every single restaurant I am about to go to. It really gives you a good feel for the atmosphere, service and food that a restaurant has to offer. Now I know not all reviews are fair or completely represent the experience everyone will have at each restaurant, but over all, its a great way to find great and unique eats around town. I have posted a couple reviews on Yelp. Here is one review that I think represents the correct way to use, and review on Yelp.
I reviewed what is known as the Salmon Cooker, located on the Seattle Pier by the waterfront. It is a cafeteria style, fast food/seafood/takeout or sit down, indoor/outdoor, VERY casual dinning food pavilion. I walked down to the water for the sun shine and a liquid lunch! This is not a fine dinning experience, not even close and I knew that when I decided to eat here. What I mean by the correct way to review a restaurant is just this, don't write a review about a divey pub and give them a poor review because the music that was too loud, it smelled like stale beer and how the food was greasy.....DUH that is why you go to a dive bar, and the pitchers of PBR make all of those "issues" seem charming.
Any way, so here is the review with a link to my Yelp profile.

****(four out of 5 stars)

Okay so this might seem like a high review. Its just fried seafood served up cafeteria style, right? But I believe if you take a place for what it is not what you want it to be you can utilize its best attributes.

For example, seafood, its all going to be fresh. Also location, there is outdoor seating right on the pier.


I came down on a Thursday afternoon and had a great Oregon IPA draft for $5 dollars and 2 oyster shooters, $1.50 ea. If you see the picture I posted, the oyster shooter does not look like much but it tasted amazing. The Oyster was super fresh and briny and the sauce was different than any I have had before. They mix their spicy cocktail sauce with a splash of Crab-pot lager straight from the draft. mix it up and pour it in the shooter. It was surprisingly good and I eat a lot a lot of oyster shooters!!


Don't expect a gourmet meal. Grab a beer and some fresh seafood and soak in the beautiful scenery!


No comments:

Post a Comment